When folks in Topeka reach retirement age, they begin to consider the benefits of living in a retirement community. Some of the key benefits they consider are social interaction, convenient living, low maintenance, affordability, access to nursing care and safety. While we can't speak to all of these individually, as a whole, there seems to be one theme. Seniors are looking for a high quality of life as they live out the remained of their years. One of the greatest benefits of a commercial pest control plan is that it helps to provide this high quality of life.
There are many ways pests can make life miserable for your residents. Here are just a few of them:
- When pantry pests get into kitchen cabinets, food storage rooms, and pantries, they can find their way into grandma's recipe. Many seniors don't have the eyesight they used to. It is hard to see tiny beetles, weevils and larvae.
- When mosquitoes bite, they can transmit diseases that can cause severe illness. This can be a threat for seniors with a compromised immune system.
- When cockroaches travel from trash bins and sewer culverts to kitchens and pantries, they can expose residents to over 33 forms of harmful bacteria. They're also connected to the severity of asthma symptoms in infested homes, particularly in children and the elderly. This can lead to hospital visits and a decline in health and happiness.
- When ticks attach, they can transfer bacterium that causes illnesses with debilitating symptoms such as chronic fatigue and pain.
- When mice and rats get into a residence, they can spread bacteria, damage belongings and also introduce ticks, flea, lice, mites and other parasites.
At Pinnacle Solutions, our team employs modern Integrated Pest Management (IPM) to give customers the highest level of eco-friendly pest control possible. Seniors have sensitive health requirements and your pest control plan should be sensitive to their needs. IPM is the right choice for retirement communities. It provides long-term prevention through the use of biological control, habitat manipulation, modification of cultural practices and the introduction of plants that are resistant to targeted pests. This focus on IPM has helped our team earn the QualityPro seal of excellence from the National Pest Management Association, which is only given to pest control companies that demonstrate an excellence in business operations, employee testing and training, consumer relations, and environmental stewardship. We have the experience, training and professionalism to give you the level of pest control your residents require.
Protect your residents and protect your business with smart, eco-friendly commercial pest control from Pinnacle Solutions. Reach out to us for a consultation. We're looking forward to helping you make your community a sought after destination for seniors.