In Wichita, KS, wildlife such as birds, squirrels, rodents, and raccoons can become a problem for people with commercial properties. They aren't your typical customer and so should have no business near your business. These creatures may find your business to be an excellent spot to raise their young and get food.
Why Wildlife Pose Risks To Businesses In Wichita, KS
Most business owners in Wichita, KS, don't like the thought of having to deal with having wildlife on their property, so you may have some questions about what sort of damage they can cause and how to keep them away.
- Wildlife can threaten people's health as they carry diseases, cause allergic reactions, and trigger asthma. Diseases carried by wildlife include hantavirus, salmonella, listeria, Giardia, and rabies. These are spread through droppings, bites, and footsteps.
- They can also cause significant damage to your business with destruction to your roof, siding, gutters, and insulation. Raccoons, in particular, can rummage through the trash and leave a mess behind.
- The presence alone of wildlife near your business can deter your customers. Many types of wildlife are aggressive, especially when they feel trapped or cornered.
Wildlife animals may be cute in the movies but they are dangerous and unwelcome guests in local businesses.
Prevention Tips To Keep Wildlife Away
Typically the best way to keep wildlife away from your property is by taking some steps to discourage them from visiting in the first place. If you don't address the root of the problem, wildlife will keep returning to your Wichita, KS business. You can use the following tips to deter wildlife from returning:
- Install scare devices like motion-activated security lights.
- Fence off open spaces around your business with netting.
- Maintain any trees and bushes near your business.
- Wildlife is attracted to trash and compost piles. Keep them covered with a secure lid to prevent animals from using them as shelter or an easy food source.
- Seal all cracks and holes to prevent rodents from getting into your business.
Even with all these preventative measures in place, wildlife can still invade your business.
How Pinnacle Solutions Can Help
Wildlife in and around your Wichita business is a serious matter that warrants professional solutions. Pinnacle Solutions has a wildlife control process that involves: an inspection to see how extensive the problem and the damage are, a treatment plan, and a follow-up to make sure it's working.
Some of the advantages to working with Pinnacle Solutions include:
- Accuracy: We take the time to correctly document any conditions that put your company at risk and provide accurate service reporting and billing.
- Availability: We know that businesses need service at the moment which is why we answer our phones 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We also offer on-call commercial route specialists during business hours who can respond in a timely manner to any concerns.
- Partnership: We always seek to get your input and value your point of view in order to form an effective partnership.
- Advice: We provide advice as well as services so that you can use our knowledge and expertise to protect your facility and make your job easier.
Call in the commercial specialists at Pinnacle Solutions today for assistance with wildlife in your Wichita business.