What would your worst-case scenario be when it comes to running a restaurant business? We are sure that if you spent some time thinking about it, you could come up with several things that could go drastically wrong. You put precautions in place to ensure things run smoothly and nothing gets in the way of doing what you do best. Unfortunately, pests, like cockroaches, are one of those things that can make everything fall apart quickly. Luckily, they are not as invincible as folklore would have you to believe. There are several things you can do to keep them at bay.
Factors That Lead To Cockroach Infestations
Cockroaches can get inside your restaurant through any small crack. When we talk to business owners about cockroaches we warn them they like to hide under appliances, especially if dirty underneath. Our guess is that you have more than a few appliances in your restaurant attractive to cockroaches. On top of gravitating toward dirty, tight spaces, cockroaches are also a big fan of humidity, a common factor in restaurant kitchens.
Tips And Strategies To Keep Cockroaches Away
Let’s talk about some practical ways you can reduce the chances of a cockroach invasion.
- Seal off cracks or gaps in your restaurants’ exterior foundation using a caulking gun.
- Make sure all of your window/door screens are in good repair.
- Install door sweeps on all exterior doors.
- Clean under your stoves and other kitchen appliances regularly.
- Reduce moisture as much as possible.
- Keep food prep areas clean when they are not in use.
- Partner with a trained pest professional to get an extra level of protection.
Why Call Pinnacle Before Cockroaches Invade
If keeping cockroaches out of your restaurant is a priority, Pinnacle Solutions would like to offer our help. With one call, we will get you started on the road to a pest-free business. We look forward to finding a solution that will work for you.